Default Dumb Question - Cooking Sausage in Microwave

Jedi Master CK > wrote:
> I have fresh italian sausage that I want uncut on the side for
> spaghetti and red sauce...

> Can I simply cook the sausage link in the microwave? If yes, how long
> do I cook it for in the microwave? Until it reaches 170 degrees?

You'll at least need to pierce the sausage with a pork in several
places. If you don't cut the sausage or pierce it with a fork to break
the seal of the sausage skin, it will possibly explode in your microwave
oven and make a terrible mess.

Why not just put the sausage in a saute pan and pan fry it for a few
minutes? You'll get a much tastier result that way with only a modest
amount of additional time and effort, compared to microwaving it.