PENMART01

Default Dumb Question - Cooking Sausage in Microwave

"Jedi Master CK" > wrote in message >
>My problem is that My Daughter doesn't like it "crusty" brown if you
>know what I mean... And she doesn't like the sausage cut... 4 year old
>- you know how it is... I was thinking boiling, but, that takes too
>long... That's why I was wondering about the quicker microwave...
>Basically, I'm wondering if you can safely cook a sausage in the
> microwave so that there is no food poisoning...

Fresh sausage is one food that lends itself well to microwave cookery... place
4-6 links on 2-3 layers of paper towel in a glass microwave safe dish, cover
with a couple more paper towels and zap on *high* about 2 minutes per. Then
rotate links and zap some more being careful not to overcook. Sausages can be
cooked nicely browned (which you can control) and still juicy. Do NOT puncture
casings (use smooth tongs), but remove any strings from the ends so pressure
can release. I use a round casserole dish placing the links end to end in a
circle for more even cooking. Nuking sausage is a good method for when you are
famished and don't want to wait, and don't want much clean up. Smokey *******
says: naturally the same rulz apply as for deep frying... when nuking fatty
foods do NOT leave the kitchen and NO small children permitted.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon