Posted to rec.food.cooking
Will@Blaylock Will@Blaylock is offline

Default Sourdough Pancakes

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 15:56:28 -0800, koko > wrote:

>I started a sourdough starter a week or so ago.
>Today I made some pancakes using some of it.

[deletia]

>** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.84 **
>
>And that's that.
>
>koko

HOW did you know I was just considering remembering GGmother's
sourdough bread and pancakes (and berry muffins)... wondering if I
wanted to try and make my wife ok with a bottle of starter in the
refrigerator for the rest of eternity or not LOL. I actually woke to
that thought and read this recipe shortly after while still
considering what to do.

I cheated and used a commercial starter moments ago very tasty.

Batch #2 since I woke the wife making the first batch had warmed
buttermilk instead of water (ok, so I am spoiling her and cooking to
her cravings since I woke her LOL). If I understand sleepywife (and
after 20+ years I should hope I do) commercial starter and buttermilk
are also quite awesome at 2AM.

I did however get the OK to keep a bottle of starter in the
refrigerator (she usually goes through the cold box once a week and
tosses anything left there for more than a couple of days, the ice box
is once a month but still unless you make special arrangements you
will miss what you are looking for because it was tossed out.

Now I need to figure out which one or more starters I want to grow and
raise!

Actual email is 'wblalok .at. xmission .dot. com' to reply