Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Best bit of action you've seen in a resto

On Nov 8, 11:50 am, Kalmia > wrote:
> After the resto - bashing, I feel guilty. Maybe it's time to laud
> something unusual you have witnessed, some bit of beyond the call
> service. [snip]

I posted this in 1999:
"..., I remember putting up a date at the Parker House in
Boston as a callow youth (dates you, just to use that phrase). At
breakfast, the toast had its own covered silver dish. Just as you
thought
you wanted a bite of toast and realized you needed another piece the
waiter
materialized from nowhere, lifted the lid and served it to your bread
plate
with silver tongs. I recall being so impressed that I hoped such
suavity
would rub off on me in the eyes of my date.... " -aem