John Gaughan

Default Some questions from a new cook....

2BaCook wrote:
> 3. How can I make pasta ahead of time and then keep it to serve
> later? How do I warm it back up? How about leftover pasta, keeping it
> (with or without the sauce) and then best way to warm it up?

The microwave is the obvious first choice. You can also heat up sauce on
the stove and dump the pasta in boiling water for about 30 seconds to
warm up, then drain.

What I usually do is put a serving of pasta and sauce in a saute pan and
heat up over medium heat. I find this heats it more evenly than the
microwave does, and is less fuss than boiling another pot of water. It
takes five minutes from refrigerator to plate.

> 4. How do I warm up bread to serve?

The few times I eat bread it is toasted garlic bread. Put it in a warm
oven for a few minutes. That, or time it so the bread is done baking
right about serving time.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/