Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Freezing Vac packed Brisket?

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
> Brick said:
> > [ . . . ]
> > I'm skeptical too. From what I've learned here, I can't possibly
> > be alive today. I'd surely have been dead at least 20 years by
> > now. In fact, I'm surprised that I survived childhood.

> Me too! I got sent to a cardiologist recently because of a minor change
> in EKG that was probably due to a medicine. They expected problems
> because I have all the risk factors, being treated for high blood
> pressure, treated for high cholesterol which is still too high on the bad
> stuff and too low on the good stuff, borderline high blood sugar,
> reformed smoker, poor exercise habits, somewhat overweight, 57 years old.
> So they do this thing called a Cardio Scan which is supposed to reveal
> calcified plaque in the heart. Nada. Zip. Negative. Nothing to see here.
> OK, so then they do an Ekogram or something like that, sonogram on the
> heart to make sure things are pumping, arteries are open, valves working
> correctly, etc. Nada again. Zip. Nothing to see. And they ordered blood
> tests. Nada again.
>
> I can't wait until I see my GP again so I can say neener neener.

I love negative test results. I've had an unremitting headache in the outer
lower right part of my brain for over a year. Mostly low level,
occasionally bad enough that I have to take a couple of Tylenol every two
or three weeks, but always there. Brain MRI and MRA of the Circle of
Willis, ordered by Neurologist, were normal. Finally, my doctor sent me to
see a Neurosurgeon, who ordered CT scans of my mastoids and sinuses. Turns
out my sinuses are completely stuffed and blocked. He sent me to an ears,
nose, throat doc. I'm now taking an antibiotic (Augmentin) and Nasonex
($$$). Get another sinus CT in a month and see the e.n.t guy a few days
later. Gotta get this done before Obamacare kicks in.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061