Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default HFCS vs Sucrose was Shortening versus Butter in Homemade Biscuits

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:32:02 -0600, Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
> > blake murphy wrote:

> >> this is the advantage of committing micro-fraud on a mega scale. a
> >> few cents (or even fractions of a cent) add up when you have millions
> >> of them, and the defrauded individuals are unlikely to complain.
> >>

> > Uh, no, that's called "capitalism", blake...also "smart business
> > practice"...

> interesting that you would equate fraud with capitalism. i'm not so much
> the leftist that you think i am that i think offering an honest product at
> an honest price won't make you a profit without some kind of thievery.

I don't understand either one of you. Where's the fraud in substituting
a cheaper ingredient? Why on earth would that be called "capitalism"?
Wouldn't the goddamn Commies try to save money on production costs also?

By the way, stay tuned for a blind tasting between Classic Coke and
sugar cane coke. I will have a computer company owner, a professional
chef, a deadbeat and an unemployed person conduct a blind taste test,
supervised by a food chemist with seven years experience in conducting
organoleptic tests of food. It'll take a week or two to get them all
together.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA