Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default more food tourism

> (Steve Pope) wrote:
>
>>Another minor update on my allegedly food-driven
>>travels.

>>The next phase involved and equally moutnainous
>>drive, part through a valley (the Valerina?) which
>>has changed but half a naugt in centuries; and
>>then dropping down to sora where our next biostay
>>is. We have just arrived so more later...

That's where I went a couple of weeks ago, where I boight the wonderful
potatoes! They are famous there for trout as well, since the waters of the
Nera are so clean and cold. Past the Valnerina id the Pianogrande of Umbria
with lentils of Casteluccio and Norcia which is famous for its pork since
Roman days. This is a true foodie trip!