Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Chinese have neever been black-tea drinkers ? What ?

Black tea known as congou was common in Europe at the time. Bergamont
is not native to China. The story I hear when green tea in the 1700s
arrived in Europe as black tea from natural oxidation in the hulls of
sailing ships it became popular in China.

Jim