Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: good but slightly disappointing MSR Kab and Chassagne

On Oct 25, 1:24*pm, santiago > wrote:
> Ronin > wrote :
>

> > I've been drinking my '06 white burgundies and finding at least a
> > third are oxidized, at least half of them objectionally so.

> Wow! One third of oxidized wine is quite a lot for such a recent vintage. I
> though PremOx was taking more like 4 to 5 years to show up.
>
> Anyway, about the 2006s drinking window, my experience (limited!) is that
> they are drinking well at the village and some Premier Cru level, for they
> are very rounded wines from a hotter than average summer. I am more a lover
> of 2004 white Burgundy style of wine but it is also nice to have the 2006s
> around for when a bolder style is needed.
>
> s.

I haven't had any 06s that showed oxidation (02 is youngest I've seen
so far, usually about 8 years after vintage is when it shows), but
they are ripe sometimes hot wines I don't expect to age well. My
theory is drink them young.

Shaking Beef is a Vietnamese dish of beef marinated in soy, chiles,
fish sauce or oyster sauce.