Posted to alt.food.wine
santiago santiago is offline

Default TN: good but slightly disappointing MSR Kab and Chassagne

Ronin > wrote in
:

> I've been drinking my '06 white burgundies and finding at least a
> third are oxidized, at least half of them objectionally so.

Wow! One third of oxidized wine is quite a lot for such a recent vintage. I
though PremOx was taking more like 4 to 5 years to show up.

Anyway, about the 2006s drinking window, my experience (limited!) is that
they are drinking well at the village and some Premier Cru level, for they
are very rounded wines from a hotter than average summer. I am more a lover
of 2004 white Burgundy style of wine but it is also nice to have the 2006s
around for when a bolder style is needed.

s.