Posted to alt.food.barbecue
vex[_4_] vex[_4_] is offline

Default Ques' on grilling salmon

Bob-tx wrote:
> Have never grilled, smoked, cooked, or eaten fresh salmon. Want to
> try grilling some. Any suggestions on spices, techniques, etc?

Here's a link to how salmon is traditionally done in the PNW:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/salmon.htm

The one recipe I grew up with appears to be missing, but it's real simple.
Salmon on the grill, skin side down, either on, or off foil (I prefer on
foil or cedar plank, it's easier to clean up and the fish doesn't stick to
the grill), thin slice some Walla Walla Sweet onion and some lemons, squeeze
a bit of lemon juice over the fish, then put some sliced onions and lemon
across the fish and cook until done (130degF). Remove from heat and let rest
for a few minutes before serving.

--

--Brett