Posted to alt.food.barbecue
RegForte RegForte is offline

Default Ques' on grilling salmon

Bob-tx wrote:

> My wife had already bought some salmon - before I read all the
> answers, so she got Atlantic salmon since it was on sale ($7.95 lb).
> I thought I would go simple for first time - salt, pepper, olive
> oil. It turned out okay and I liked it fair, but my wife didn't
> care for it - too fishy.
>
> I have smoked and grilled catfish a good deal over the years, and
> really like that.
> Anyway, thanks for all the good advice - printed off for later use.
>
> Bob-tx

Hey Bob-tx...

Here's a tip or two to tone down the fishiosity of salmon

1. Get fresher / better quality product (obvious but it bears
repeating)

2. Remove the bloodline before serving

The bloodline is the darker meat (brownish, distinctly different
from normal salmon pink color) near and around the undersurface
of the skin. It's higher in oil and has a much stronger flavor.

It won't hurt to eat it, though. I often leave it especially
with high quality stuff, but it may be the way to go for your
wife's sake.

--
Reg