Posted to alt.food.barbecue
RegForte RegForte is offline

Default Ques' on grilling salmon

Bob-tx wrote:

> Have never grilled, smoked, cooked, or eaten fresh salmon. Want to
> try grilling some. Any suggestions on spices, techniques, etc?
>
> Thanks, Bob-tx

I like to brine then grill with nothing but a light coat of olive oil,
salt and pepper. No sauces, mops or other adornments. The key
is in the prep, and then not overcooking it.

I use this brining process.

http://www.3men.com/threemen1.htm

Basically, the ratio is 2 C salt per gallon of water, brined for about
two hours.

When cooking (any kind, grilling, smoking, etc), the core temp should go
not much higher than 130 F so it's still slightly underdone in the
center.

--
Reg