Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2009-10-15) NS-RFC: Are you capable of...

--Bryan wrote:
> On Oct 15, 9:53 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>>
>> All this cookalong/RFC recipes talk made me think of this one. So I'm
>> going to blame Chris Dabney for it...
>>
>> Thanks Chris ;-)

> Occasionally I follow a recipe, but pretty much only for baking.

I usually follow a recipe as closely as possible the first time I try
it, though I am likely to have come across a recipe in a magazine or
something and get an idea how to do something and then give it a try
without the recipe in front of me...... except when baking.

That being said..... I taught my son how to bake chocolate chip cookies
when he was young. I came home from work one day when he was about 14-15
and found him making a batch. I was upset because, instead of creaming
the shortening and sugar with the eggs and then adding the dry
ingredients as the recipe says, he had put everything into a mixing bowl
together and was beating them with the electric mixer. I was sure that
they were going to be ruined. They weren't. They were better than mine.