Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default How many layers is your lasagna?

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> Mine is (starting at the bottom): tomato sauce, noodles, ricotta, noodles,
> meat, just a little sauce, noodles, ricotta, noodles, sauce. Bake for
> about 45 minutes, top with grated mozzarella cheese mixed with a little
> oregano, and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.
>
> It's good, but it tries to climb out of the pan during cooking. And when
> serving, it separates at the meat layer and the top slides off. So is
> there a better way to stack it? I think I have too many thin layers. And
> maybe the meat should be near the top instead of the middle.
>
> Bob

Sauce, layer of pasta
layer of egg and ricotta mixture, moz and parmesan
layer of pasta
layer of sauce and raw Italian sausage
layer of pasta
repeat egg and ricotta mixture, more cheese
layer of pasta
layer of raw Italian sauace, more cheese

It is decadent to cook the sausage in the lasagna but that lovely fat makes
for some intense flavor.