Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default Chefs/cooks who smoke..... Chef Mario Batali...... what gives??

"PeterL" ha scritto nel messaggio
> I *hate* chefs who smoke!!
> How the hell can they taste their food properly if their tastebuds are so
> screwed up by smoking??

You're weird. I smoked until a bit over 1 1/2 years ago. Loads of Italian
chefs smoke. We all cook food people keep coming back for. As a
supertaster my life was easier when I smoked, although the difference to now
is not that much.

Now if I slug down a couple of whiskies before cooking, then you can forget
about it. I not only can't taste it very well, but I can't remember what it
was supposed to taste like.