Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Duwop[_2_] Duwop[_2_] is offline

Default BBQ Newbie Here.

On Oct 10, 11:25*pm, chris > wrote:
> "Hey there! I just joined this group and wanted to let everyone know -
> looking forward to hearing great things about bbq cooking!"

Just an FYI, this is usenet, where one traditionally would "subscribe"
to the group. Sort of like an RSS feed. You are using googlegroups
which is a nice web based way to see usenet. How much you do or do not
participate is up to you. Many will lurk and read for a little while
to get to learn the tone of a group.

Usenet predates the interwebs, by quite a bit and has traditions os
usage and whatnot.

There's some good FAQs out there.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/

Our FAQ is he
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/
Read it and be amazed. I was anyway.

History of usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
(expecially read the usenet terms bit, Godwin's Law, etc.)

All that said, welcome and hope you learn as much as I have.