Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Things you've upgraded or replaced

dsi1 > wrote:

>As far as I know, most if not all homes in this country use this three
>wire system.

Not all; when we bought out house, it was all on a single, 30-amp,
110 (or 115 or 120 if you prefer) volt circuit. We upgraded it,
but lots of old houses have never been upgraded.

>My guess is that the 220V line presents a lot greater chance of
>accidental death by electrocution than a 110 line. 220V is scary!

I see no evidence that household electricity is less safe in, say,
the U.K. than in the U.S. But the tea kettles sure heat water
faster.

Steve