Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM[_3_] TammyM[_3_] is offline

Default Things you've upgraded or replaced

PickyJaz wrote:
> On Oct 7, 6:20 pm, TammyM > wrote:
>> Hi Picky: so you were ok with the shipping costs of the KA flour? I
>> confess, the frugal side of me balked at that, but it's been awhile, so
>> maybe I better have a look again. I seem to recall that I can get
>> several KA flours at the local market.

> Tammy, here is my second order total detail:
> Merchandise: $138.05
> Shipping: $20.00
> Order Total: $158.05
> Considering that well over half the order was containers and such, non-
> food taxible and I paid no tax, I'm okay. My first order was about
> $58 and don't remember what the shipping was. If you can get KA
> flours at your grocer and check the use-by dates, good on ya! I am on
> the left side, and without KA products anywhere I have
> shopped....Picks

Ahhh, gotcha. I, too, am on the Left side, if you mean Left Coast. I
bought KA flours at my local grocery store, but it's changed hands since
then so not sure if it's still available. I know KA flours are
available at TJs here, but I rarely go to TJs. Hey, still, it's
available, so I ain't complainin! I made a disappointing loaf of onion
bread this past weekend, so I am thinking maybe it's time to get back
into the KA game. It did make a difference, if I recall correctly!

What else have you baked in which you detected a big difference that you
feel is attributable to the fresh, high quality flour? Just curious!
I'm a bakin' fool these days.

TammyM, whose office is benefitting....