Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Ankit Lochan Ankit Lochan is offline

Default Tippy Orthodox Assam GFOP

On Sep 30, 6:11*pm, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Ankit Lochan > writes:
> > On Sep 29, 12:47*am, Prof Wonmug > wrote:
> > > I bought a 125g sample of Tippy Orthodox Assam GFOP (TA40) from Upton
> > > tea.

> > >http://www.uptontea.com/shopcart/ite...rom=search.asp

> > > I can't seem to find any good brewing parameters.
> > >[...]

> > GFOP is normally a oversize tea so it tends to give some
> > problems...

> Oversize? *Do you mean leaves not so close to the tip? *And what
> problems do you expect from a tea like this?
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Oversize meaning it iss larger than the standard whole leaf that we
take into consideration.. The perfect size is supposed to be SFTGFOP1
in darjeeling and STGFOP 1 in assam - this is supposedly the bud and
the first leaf... now GFOP is the 2nd and the third leaf - hence being
bigger in size than the normal leaf grade. this is also the reason why
it is cheaper than the normal leaf grades and also harsh and strong in
taste. the taste will always be stronger and not as good as the
perfect leaf grades... hope this helps answering your queries..