Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
george tasman george tasman is offline

Default Tippy Orthodox Assam GFOP

On Sep 30, 9:11*am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Ankit Lochan > writes:
> > On Sep 29, 12:47*am, Prof Wonmug > wrote:
> > > I bought a 125g sample of Tippy Orthodox Assam GFOP (TA40) from Upton
> > > tea.

> > >http://www.uptontea.com/shopcart/ite...rom=search.asp

> > > I can't seem to find any good brewing parameters.
> > >[...]

> > GFOP is normally a oversize tea so it tends to give some
> > problems...

> Oversize? *Do you mean leaves not so close to the tip? *And what
> problems do you expect from a tea like this?
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Mr Lochlan.....

Great to see you back on this group. It will be valuable to have your
expertise on black teas, which don't get much play.

I've been reasonably pleased with the Assam I buy but it's only so-so.
Nilgiri and most recent Darjeelings seem a little flat. Do small leaf
blacks provide less harshness and more tippy flavors? If so, any
recommendations? Are there any interesting developments in
Darjeelings, including your own? I really would love to find a full,
smooth and lively Indian black but the second flush estate teas I used
to find so good seem a little tired this year.

I've also enjoyed Guaransee but have only limited knowledge of
Nepalese "Darjeelings." Are there hidden treasures to be found?

Again, welcome back.

George