Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin Lewis Perin is offline

Default Tippy Orthodox Assam GFOP

Prof Wonmug > writes:

> I bought a 125g sample of Tippy Orthodox Assam GFOP (TA40) from Upton
> tea.

Well, that's your problem right there! When are you going to learn to
stop measuring and just go with the flow?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

> http://www.uptontea.com/shopcart/ite...rom=search.asp
>
> I can't seem to find any good brewing parameters.
> [...]
>
> Next I tried 1.5 g/cup for 1 minute. This was the best so far, but
> still not great (for me). It had an odd taste and after taste that I
> can't quite describe. A little smokey, but not exactly. It also left a
> funny feeling in my stomach.

Maybe this really is a bad tea. Off flavors make me suspicious no
matter what the parameters are.

This is probably a long shot, but before you ditch this tea, maybe you
should try a lower temperature?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /