Posted to rec.food.preserving
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Size of pressure canner?

In article >,
"Marilyn" > wrote:

> "George Shirley" > wrote in message
> news
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> >> And sometimes you remind yourself that it IS handy to have that little
> >> one-quart saucepan at hand to remove some water to make the proper level.
> >> :-0)

> > I use that big stainless steel ladle I stole from the Navy mess hall years
> > ago. It's also helpful if you need to thump someone and can't find that
> > giant wooden spoon. I hid the ladle when I knew you were coming to visit
> > to avoid temptation.
> >

> Is that one on those ladles that has the curve on the end so you can hook it
> onto the side of the pot and not lose it? I had one from the Army and then
> I really liked it and then I found that if you go to a restaurant supply
> store, you canbuy them in different sizes (2 ounces, 4 ounces, 8 ounces). I
> have a set of them now. Works great for ladling food into jars. Or making
> pancakes.

Several years ago I bought a set of glass measuring cups with spouts and
handles. I found them useful for filling the jars. I have a quart, pint
and half pint measuring cups that filled the jars perfectly with each
scoop and left the correct amount of head space at the top of each jar.
With the exception of the last scoop.

Thanks again for correcting my mistakes.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.