Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Size of pressure canner?

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:

> > Is it bad to submerge jars in a large pot? like not hot enough?

> No, many of us do it that way. For example: BWB canning, I start the
> jars in the canner while I'm messing with getting things ready to can,
> pints are completely covered, quarts not so much. After a few times you
> learn just how much water to heat the jars up to ready them for use and
> yet not overflow the canner when the filled jars are put back into it.

And sometimes you remind yourself that it IS handy to have that little
one-quart saucepan at hand to remove some water to make the proper
level. :-0)

(snip)
> George, hit my three score and ten today.

Look out for them banana peels, Jorge! '-0)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog - check