Posted to alt.food.barbecue
theron theron is offline

Default Lump and Briquette Charcoal Question

<JD> wrote in message ...
> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> "Lodge grill" on Google only comes up with pots and pans.

>> Uh-huh. Now who are you calling troll?
>>
>> There's only one place left for you Kent. In everyone's killfile.
>> No more second chances this time.
>>
>> -sw

> The disproportionate level of threads that sink to this level versus
> anything of value is pretty much why I bailed out the last time. I see it
> hasn't gotten any better. But hey, this is Usenet, you can say anything
> you want, even respond incessantly to ******s.

Usenet is dying. This NG especially is dying. One of the primary reasons on
this NG is the trolling and flaming. I think many lurk this NG. They're put
off by the few that troll* routinely, and they don't post. Then they leave.
It's really too bad for those of use that would like to see back to back
banter about grilling and low and slow and so forth.

Ed

*From Wikipedia: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts
controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online
community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the
primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of
otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion