Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Lump and Briquette Charcoal Question

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:44:06 -0700, Theron wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:34:04 -0700, Theron wrote:
>>
>>> What is the taste difference between Kingsford briquettes, Trader Joes
>>> all
>>> wood brequettes, and lump?

>> Stick to Kingsford, Kent.
>>
>> Trader Joes does not have an "All Wood" briquette.
>>

> Yes, Trader Joes has an all wood briquette.

No, they do not.

Tell me, Kent - what kind of wood *is* it? Mesquite? Oak?
Hickory?

> As I said on a recent thread, in response to your similar question:
> "One of the great things about this and other NGs is knowing "Whadya doing
> now??". What are you doing differently with que, grilling, and smoke that
> you didn't do last time. It's OK to ask the fundamental questions now and
> then. ...... Cooking, including outdoor cooking, is an ongoing evolutionary
> event.

The recipe for Kingsford charcoal has remained the same for a afew
decades. UIt hasn't changed. Neither has the taste of wood or
lump, or natural gas. Except for you, gasbag.

> It strikes me that 2/3 lb of tenderloin is quite a lot to eat by yourself.

Like I could really give a shit what strikes you, unless it's a
heavy, blunt object.

> I'm not responding to your troll. This only an observation.

Are you on drugs? Mental problem? Just say so.

-sw