Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
marc marc is offline

Default Restaurant tea

hi,

it depends on what you call a "good" restaurant, and also if you mean
a native restaurant (i.e. a Chinese restaurant in China or a Chinese
restaurant in a western country).

in my experience, tea in what you'd call good restaurants is not a
terrific experience. you may be served a good leaf, but sometimes with
awful water (tap water, etc) which ruins the probably good tea.

you may also be served an overpriced mainstream good tea (i.e. long
jing). i recall paying 3 euros for a mediocre "longjing" at shanghai
central train station. but sometimes you may be surprised for good
value at unexpensive places. if in China, you will probably be served
a glass of moderately hot water with a moderate quantity tea leaves
which may taste quite ok.

regarding Japanese restaurants, my perception tells me you'll be
served more than decent senchas.