Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default I hit one out of the park!

"vex" > wrote in message
> Nunya Bidnits wrote:
>> vex said:
>>> After watching my wife whip up a batch of tuna salad for a
>>> sandwich
>>> last night, the lightbulb came on.
>>>
>>> I made up some pulled pork salad and just made a sandwich with
>>> it.
>>> Outstanding!
>>>
>>> Mayo
>>> Guldens brown mustard
>>> sweet pickles
>>> sea salt
>>>
>>> Mix with pulled pork to desired flavor and rest for several
>>> hours to
>>> meld flavors.

>> Sounds good, what proportions on the mayo and mustard?

> I used mostly mayo, I'd say 4:1.

Home made "anything" is usually best. However, I again want to
mention that if you want something great and are in a hurry, keep
a jar of Marzetti's Original Slaw Dressing in the ice box. Of
course, it makes very good slaw with just the addition of cabbage.
However, I've also used it to dress up the flavor of potato salad,
have used it in tuna salad and of course have used it right out of
the bottle on pulled pork. The stuff is as versatile as
mayonnaise, but with a much more intense flavor.

One little experiment I plan in the future is to see what some
fresh crushed Tarragon, might be like added to the Marzetti's and
used as a little dab of sauce beside a steak.

For salmon and tuna steaks, though, nothing beats ginger butter, I
feel. We make it up a stick of butter at a time, storing it in a
ceramic bowl that can be reheated if desired.
(all measurements are approximate)
Stick of butter
1-1/2 tbsp pickled ginger, drained and crushed in a garlic crusher
clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp Worcestershire
1/2-1 tsp salt to taste

It can be served as a warm sauce on the plate OR from the
refrigerator scooped out with a melon ball scoop and placed on top
of the grilled salmon/tuna.

--
Nonny

Government is the great fiction
through which everybody endeavors
to live at the expense of everybody else.