Posted to alt.food.asian
[email protected] ian@notcox.net is offline

Default Thai Chicken Wings ( Sukhumvit Soi Five Fried Chicken)

Nick Cramer wrote:
> " > wrote:
>> Stormmee wrote:
>>> would appreciate the batter recipe, Lee

>> []Here's the tempura batter recipe:
>> [ . . . ]

> Thanks, Ian. Should work with shrimp or veggies, too. Have you subbed
> anything for the 'sherry' vinegar?

You spotted the hole! I still don't have sherry vinegar, and I have used
Chinese red vinegar, black vinegar, plain white vinegar, and even, I
think, wine vinegar. All of them were fine.

I did veggies the first time, and they were not too bad, but I was using
a fairly useless electric wok back then, and it would be better now,
with my powerful gas ring and big wok. So, yes, I'd bet it would be
great with any kind of veggie too.

Ian