Posted to misc.invest.stocks,alt.politics.economics,sci.econ,soc.retirement,rec.food.cooking
Michael Coburn Michael Coburn is offline

Default Obama's Top Five Health Care Lies from Forbes :: Rep Joe Wilsonwas correct, Obama is a liar about health care!

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:25:28 -0700, Lawyerkill wrote:

> On Sep 14, 11:18*am, "Sure,Not" > wrote:
>> > AND ALL OF THIS IS A MARVELOUS ILLUSTRATION OF THE BENEFITS OF
>> > ALLOWING THE PRIVATE INSURANCE INDUSTRY TO FAIL DUE TO ITS OWN
>> > LIMITATIONS. GOVERNMENT DOES A BETTER JOB OF SOCIAL INSURANCE THAN
>> > THE PRIVATE SECTOR AND WE HAVE JUST SEEN A LOT OF WHY THAT IS SO.

>> Ok. *Let's try this. *Why does the gov't do a better job? *They can
>> print money?

> Medicare doesn't work very well for the taxpayer. We been hearing since
> Nixon was in office that they are going to correct the fraud and waste,
> they didn't, and they won't now.
>

> http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...are_fraud.html
>

> Bill Novelli, CEO of AARP, told an audience at the Center for American
> Progress back in July that, unless we act, overpayments to Medicare
> Advantage plans will total about $54 billion over five years. This
> week, the Government Accountability Office confirmed that this is not
> just waste but possibly fraud. Private insurers pocket tens of millions
> of dollars every year, if not a far higher amount, in overpayments from
> the federal government that legally must be used to improve coverage for
> enrollees.
>
> In 2003, 220 private insurers participated in Medicare. The Centers for
> Medicare and Medicaid audited 49 of the organizations and found
> significant errors at 41 of them. But Medicare did not take action to
> collect the $59 million in overpayments that could have helped to
> increase benefits, lower co-payments, and lower premiums.

Yet we see this EXACT problem being addressed by the administration in
the reform package. And the Republican lying pigs have characterized it
as cuts to Grandma's health care.

Very cute and yet another lie from the Reich.

--
"Those are my opinions and you can't have em" -- Bart Simpson