Posted to alt.food.asian,rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Thai Chicken Wings ( Sukhumvit Soi Five Fried Chicken)

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:07:57 -0500, George Leppla wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote
>
>> Here was my latest batch using 2TB Mae Ploy red curry paste mixed
>> with 1/8C veggie oil, 1/2C glutinous rice flour, and 3/4C water, and
>> 1TB fish sauce. Marinated 1lb of wings in this for 24 hours,
>> tossing several times then drained and deep fried.
>>
>> http://i29.tinypic.com/wk0dap.jpg
>>
>> No sauce or condiments required.

> Looks great, but I am not a big fan of red curry paste. I'm thinking of
> using Sriracha sauce instead when I try it.

Mae Ploy has all sorts of curry pastes. I have 3 difefrrent kinds
in the fridge right now. They're only $2/14 tub so you can use them
generously.

You could also use Hoy Fong's Chili Garlic Sauce. I like the
various flavors of the curry pastes though. Lots of good stuff in
there (but too much salt).

-sw