Posted to rec.food.preserving
Gloria P Gloria P is offline

Default Muscadine juice

George Shirley wrote:
> We've been offered picking rights on a friends muscadines and
> scuppernongs. Probably will go tomorrow if the rains don't come back.
>
> My question is simple, I'm really not in the mood for making jelly at
> the moment and am wondering if I can just get the juice out of them and
> then freeze it for later use? Any responses?

I don't see why it shouldn't work. A mutual friend of ours often uses
frozen fruit or juice for jelly or jam.

If yo u decide you don't want all that jelly, you can always thaw and
drink the juice. (I guess for you that means unsweetened?)

I am waiting to see whether the raccoons or I will get our Concord
grapes first when they finally ripen.

gloria p