Posted to rec.food.cooking
ffu[_3_] ffu[_3_] is offline

Default REC The Taste Controversy (kinda long)

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 08:49:18 -0500, Becca > wrote:

-->The Ranger wrote:
-->>> The meat was gently teased from the frying pan and served to three
-->>> blindfolded taste panel volunteers. Every one of the members of the
-->>> panel thought it was venison. One of the volunteers even said it tasted
-->>> exactly like the venison he had eaten in hunting camps for the past 27
-->>> years. The results of this scientific test show conclusively that there
-->>> is no difference between the taste of beef and venison.
-->>>
-->>
-->> Damn that just as funny today as it was when I first saw it in email
several
-->> years ago. I just wish you'd been able to add the original author's name
so
-->> he continued to get credit, though.
-->>
-->> The Ranger
-->
-->
-->We have all read urban legends on the internet and I often wonder who
-->wrote them. The first one I read was about the guy who went to Ryan's
-->Steakhouse and he had diarrhea or the $250 Neiman Marcus chocolate chip
-->cookie recipe. It has been a while since anybody has posted that cookie
-->recipe to the group. Ooops, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it. lol
-->
-->
-->Becca

Yields 112 Cookies

1/2 lb Margarine
2 c Sugar
2 c Sugar brown
4 lg Eggs
8 oz Chocolate wafer - 1 bar
5 c Oatmeal dry
4 c All purpose flour
1 t Salt
1 t Baking Powder
2 ts Baking Soda
1/2 c Chocolate chips, semi-sweet
2 ts Vanilla extract
3 c Walnuts

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix with flour, oatmeal
(Blend oatmeal in blender to a fine powder first), salt, baking powder and
soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts, roll into balls and place
2 in apart on cookie sheet, bake 6 min. at 375 F

or this one

2 c Butter
1 t Salt
2 c Sugar
2 ts Baking Powder
2 c Brown sugar
2 ts Baking Soda
4 Eggs
4 oz Chocolate Chips
2 ts Vanilla
1 8-Oz Hershey Bar, grated
4 c Flour
3 c Chopped nuts
5 c Blended Oatmeal *

*Blended Oatmeal: Measure and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream
butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix together with flour,
oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add chips, candy and nuts.
Roll into balls and place two (2) inches apart on a cookie sheet. bake for
six (6) minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies, but recipe can halved.