Posted to rec.food.cooking
Becca Becca is offline

Default The Taste Controversy (kinda long)

The Ranger wrote:
>> The meat was gently teased from the frying pan and served to three
>> blindfolded taste panel volunteers. Every one of the members of the
>> panel thought it was venison. One of the volunteers even said it tasted
>> exactly like the venison he had eaten in hunting camps for the past 27
>> years. The results of this scientific test show conclusively that there
>> is no difference between the taste of beef and venison.
>>

> Damn that just as funny today as it was when I first saw it in email several
> years ago. I just wish you'd been able to add the original author's name so
> he continued to get credit, though.
>
> The Ranger

We have all read urban legends on the internet and I often wonder who
wrote them. The first one I read was about the guy who went to Ryan's
Steakhouse and he had diarrhea or the $250 Neiman Marcus chocolate chip
cookie recipe. It has been a while since anybody has posted that cookie
recipe to the group. Ooops, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it. lol

Becca