Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '06 Garrigue CdR

Tonight, with a late dinner of broiled lamb loin medallions, grilled
ratatouille and Caprese salad, I opened a recent purchase:

2006 Dom. "La Garrigue" Cotes du Rhone Cuvée Romaine
nose: dark cherry fruit, stones, meaty
palate: medium body, getting fuller as it sat opened, dusty tannins,
good acidity, meaty

This wine, another Eric Solomon import and a declassified Vacqueyras,
has received a lot of praise on the wine Internet. After finding it for
sale locally for $13.99 a bottle, I decided to open one. Very fine CdR
that clearly shows its Vacqueyras roots, it could easily hold its own
with wines costing 2-3 times as much.

Mark Lipton