Posted to alt.food.asian
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Sukhumvit Soi Five Fried Chicken

http://food.theatlantic.com/abroad/b...ed-chicken.php

> Who knew that the chicken guy outside Foodland on Soi 5 had a fried
> chicken recipe good enough for the Royal Benja Hotel to buy?

I've been using a slurry of rice flour and Mae Ploy curry pastes as
a marinade chicken wings for a while now. I'll try adding fish
sauce and extra garlic.

The Mae Ploy curry pastes have gotten really cheap here - only
$1.99 for a 14oz tub. SOi you can be generous with the marinade
ingredients. And they have all the basic thai seasonings already in
them. I just wish they weren't so salty - which is why I'd be
worried about the fish sauce.

-sw