Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default My new favorite mixed drink

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 03:37:55 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> Not sure what you mean by "bad"... club soda contains added salt, seltza
>> does not.

> The salt in club soda, if any, is negligible. Many club sodas don't
> have any sodium, and those that do have about 70-75mg per serving.
> Which is 1/36th of the USRDA of sodium (or 1/100th of the average
> salt intake of the average American per day). It's not exactly a
> Campbell's soup.

As I said, I don't know what the poster means by bad. That club soda
contains a small amount of sodium bicarbonate is all I could offer that
makes it different from plain carbonated water (seltza). I've never seen
club soda that doesn't contain sodium bicarbonate, it may exist and be
labeled as such but then it's not club soda, then it's simply carbonated
water. I still don't know what the OP means by "bad"... to me club soda is
bad if it doesn't contain any booze. My default non alcoholic sparking
beverage is diet black cherry soda... I used to drink diet code red too but
around here all I can find is the regular and it's too sugar laden for me.
I've asked the local store manager if he'd order it, said he'd look into it,
so far after more then five years and as many requests I don't see it. Code
Red with its lurid food coloring is probably bad.

http://mountaindew.com/#/brands/