Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default John, Bobby, and Ted

"Gloria P" > wrote in message>
> He could have prepared her at least. That was selfish and unkind of him
> and I can imagine her not wanting to read his excuse after the fact.

He probably looked at it the opposite way, a means of saving her a lot of
anguish, expecially if she knew it was a possibility.

> It seems to me that those kinds of suicides are self-indulgent, selfish,
> and don't take into account at all the effect they will have on loved
> ones.

Same here. I'm certainly not an expert on the subject, but some of the
perpatrators think they are helping those left behind, saving them from the
shame of their deed or the care needed for their illness.

>I couldn't do that to my family no matter how bad things got.

I couldn't do it to myself under any circumstance. Besides, I'm chicken;
what if it did not work and I had to live with myself after, possibly
suffering with greater pain from the injury?