Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Holiday cooking

Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:37:28 -0400, "Nancy Young"
> > wrote:

>> That's why I laughed, it's not quite the type of place I'd take the
>> college kid for a bite to eat.

> These kids have been raised in this goofy gour-may house and they'd
> love it.

I'm sure they would.

>> Of course, they have also been known to stay up all night to

> be the among the first to drive through Sonic when it opened up here.
>>
>>> (they aren't really kids,
>>> anymore, anyway.) I'd save that for a romantic dinner for two. Have
>>> you been there?

>> My brother had his wedding there.

> Oh! That must have been fabulous.

It was very nice. The food was wonderful. It was a small wedding,
just family and a few friends. My lovely sil is from Canada, and only
her brother's family was able to attend.

>>> We have found such fabulous restaurants down there...Ethiopian,,
>>> Greek, Korean, Vietnamese, Turkish, Indian. I am thrilled the kid
>>> will be there through his Masters.

>> Oh, no kidding. I mean, I'm sure there are a lot of ethnic
>> restaurants around that town, we rarely go there and when we do, we
>> just pop into Harvest Moon or something.

> Ha! None of us imbibes. No judgment call on it, none of us likes the
> taste of alcohol. Are the burgers good there?

I don't know that I've ever had a burger ... I happen to like pub food,
so I'm definitely not saying you should go there. It's just the kind of
place I like. It can be very noisy. Sounds to me as if you've found
great places to eat.

nancy