Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Birthday Dinner report

Sheldon wrote:

> But none of it's true. Poor hard working Om owns a camera and posts pics
> of some fine vittles... I would never doubt any meal Om claims to have
> made.

Of course it's true. Sheldon's envy is transparent; he couldn't even
CONCEIVE of a meal like that, so he assumes others have the same
limitations. Sheldon couldn't even conceive of the brunch we had the next
day, where we used the remaining squash blossoms. (Given a bag of squash
blossoms, Sheldon would either throw them away since he doesn't know what to
do with them, or he'd mash them into a pan of his beloved SPAM.)

As I mentioned in the post, the idea of taking pictures of the food didn't
occur to us until we were more than halfway through the meal. It's not part
of our normal routine to take pictures of food; in fact, it's a pretty
abnormal person who INSISTS on it like Sheldon does.

Sheldon's envy is also plain to see in his disparaging my job and my
marriage. Poor Sheldon has neither, he's just a bitter lonely loser lashing
out at his betters while waiting for death. Let's hope it comes REAL SOON!

Bob