Posted to rec.food.preserving
Green Newb Green Newb is offline

Default Newbe - Canning Tomatoes?

Hey Dan L,

I am brand new to Pressure Canning. My first process, yesterday, produced
15 jars of Apricot chicken. I am brand new to vegie patching and trying to
get ready for economy crash. Trying to stock up on meat in the pantry, then
hopefully canning vegies one day. I'm from Australia so our seasons are
opposite. I have potatoes, silverbeet, leeks and cabbages growing in the
patch. A whole heap of heirloom seeds growing in the mini greenhouse
readying for spring. I think when the time comes for tomatoes, I will be
using lemon juice.