Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Are Red and Yellow Bell Peppers More Nutritious than Green Ones?

On Aug 30, 6:26 pm, qquito > wrote:
> Hello, Everyone:
>
> The red, yellow and orange bell peppers are usually much more
> expensive than the green ones. What is the reason? I do find they also
> taste better than the green ones, but are they more nutritious than
> the green ones?

The green bell pepper is picked earlier. If they left it on the plant
to ripen fully it would turn red. In other words, the red (and yellow
and orange) peppers take more time from planting to harvest. For a
farmer that means they are costlier, hence the price is higher. I
don't have any idea why nutrition or vitamin content would change.
Not saying it's not different, I just don't know. -aem