Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Brisket opinions

On 30-Aug-2009, Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 21:35:32 GMT, Brick wrote:
>
> > I bit the bullet and bought some canned/jarred ones. Even in Florida,
> > it's
> > uncommon to find fresh red poblanos or any other red except bell.

> I've seen no less than 2 tons of poblanos but never a red one.
>
> Speaking of which, with all the hatch chiles, why are they always
> sold green?
>
> -sw

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I scored some red poblanos.
Well, I never saw them in the market before and I've never seen
them since. They were there one or two days and then Pfffft; gone.
Methinks red is ripe and represents a very brief transition in the life
of a chile.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)