Posted to rec.food.cooking
bulka[_2_] bulka[_2_] is offline

Default meat cocktails

On Aug 30, 9:07 pm, Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig >
wrote:
> On Aug 30, 7:32 pm, Kris > wrote:
>

> > On Aug 30, 8:06 pm, bulka > wrote:

> > > An AP article in today's paper. Stunt bartenders making savory
> > > carnivore cocktails. Most based on bacon-infused vodka. Raves for a
> > > BLT cocktail that seems a little cute. I like bacon. I like vodka.
> > > But.

> > > Usually when something confuses me this much, I have to give it a
> > > try.

> > > Bulka

> > Isn't there a drink made with beef broth? A Bull something-or-other.

> > Then there's always Clamato drinks...

> > Kris

> That's called a Bullshot - it is hot beef bouillon in a mug with a
> shot of some kind of brown alcohol- bourbon?
> Lynn in Fargo
> Read about that "Bakon" vodka in the new Bon Appetit (?) There's a
> bartender infusing his own spirits (gin?) and making BLT Martinis:
> Lettuce water ice cube, tomato water and bacon flavored liquor.
> Personally, I'm holding out for a Bacon, Liver 'n Onions highball.
> Lynn in Fargo

There is a bar in Chicago where I've had a "roadkill bloody mary" -
an unremarkable drink, but garnished with a quarter-pound of
antipasto-ish cubes of various sausage.

It is the infusion that interests me. Different than just spiking the
soup, but different enough to matter?

Bulka