Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. is offline

Default meat cocktails

Mark Thorson wrote:

> bulka wrote:
>
> >An AP article in today's paper. Stunt bartenders making savory
> >carnivore cocktails. Most based on bacon-infused vodka. Raves for a
> >BLT cocktail that seems a little cute. I like bacon. I like vodka.
> >But.

> >Usually when something confuses me this much, I have to give it a
> >try.

> It sounds like a cup of broth, with alcohol in it.
> And cold.
>
> I just can't imagine it would be good.

The precolumbian Mexican's, i have heard, put chocolate in chicken broth
for a refresing drink and considered it worthy only of the ruling class.

I read several articles about post modern chefs using tobacco in food,
it never seemed to catch on though....
--

Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.