Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Brisket opinions

On 27-Aug-2009, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:

> Brick said:
>

> clip

> I have never seen roasted red poblanos in a can, the closest I have seen
> are
> the italian roasted reds, which have a similar shape but not the poblano
> flavor. I didn't know such a product even existed. I'd love to find out
> where to come up with some!
>
> MartyB in KC

I used the ones I had, never thinking that they weren't commonly available.
The ones I have now are 'Capia' peppers from Turkey. They are distributed
by BJWC (Berkely Jensen Warehouse Corporation). These are about 5"
long in the jar and maybe 2" diameter at the most. I will continue to look
for the poblanos. I liked them. I managed to acquire some raw red poblanos
a few weeks ago which I roasted and promptly used up. I like them much
better then bells.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)