Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Brisket opinions

On 27-Aug-2009, "Big Jim" > wrote:

> "Harry" > wrote in message
> > That's not Hash.

.. . .

> According to Marjorie Rawlings, Southern Hash is more like a wet stew
> than
> the Northern type.
> To be served over toast or better yet soft grits.
> BJ

The hash I served for supper tonight was nice fat crisp patties, pan fried
in lard. It was served with sweet peas and navy/pinto beans on the side.
As I posted a day or so ago, my hash (this time) was/is composed of
pork rib flap meat, onion, garlic and some cubanella pepper with some
seasoned salt.

Nathalie cleaned her plate and I had seconds. Nuff said.

The beans prepared from pressure cooked dry beans this afternoon
were seasoned with some crispy bark and token meat from the last
pork butt run in the smoker. They were/are especially good this time.
--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)