Posted to alt.food.barbecue
frohe[_2_] frohe[_2_] is offline

Default Brisket opinions

On Aug 25, 3:56*am, " >
wrote:
> Before I got my "better" cookers that I have now, I cooked as many
> folks around here do, on a 55 gallon drum smoker. *The fire is on one
> side, the brisket on the other.

LOL. I still cook in a 55 gallon barrel. My daddy taught how to cook
on one 55 years ago and I've not changed. Yeppers, it's more work
than one of them fancy cookers and being drafty it uses a lot of fuel
but the taste, oh my gawd, is to die for.

I'll just stay a curmudgeon with my cooker and Q'in ways until I see
folks runnin from my house instead of to it when they smell my BBQ.

-frohe