Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
EmmyBlue EmmyBlue is offline

Default I need a little help

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
>[..]
>
> Thanks! Do you ever use poblanos instead of rellenos? I make a baked
> stuffed
> poblano, I guess technically that makes it a relleno. I fill the roasted
> and
> peeled peppers with a mixture of grilled or smoked chicken, cream cheese,
> chihuahua cheese, chiliancho paste, and a little chipotle, then top with
> cheese and bake till heated through and melted.
>
> It's the batter which always worried me, and managing to keep the filling
> inside when frying. Have you deep fried these?
>
> MartyB in KC

~~~~~~~~~
No, never used any peppers but Anaheims, which is what my landlady used.
They are plenty hot too, if you leave too many seeds and veins in. Yes, I
have deep-fried them, the batter isn't as scary as you think...it puffs up
immediately and holds the filling in.

Your chicken mixture sounds good...sort of like something I saw that PBS
chef wot travels Mexico and cooks rustic authentic dishes...can't think of
his name. Last saw him on Food Network in a chef throw-down.
evb
--
http://soonerblue.bloghi.com/